Saturday, December 4, 2010

first wedding =]

I JUST got home from shooting my first wedding! I was a second shooter at Patricia and Tim Glass' wedding, and HAD A BLAST!!! I did learn a few things about being a wedding photographer as well =]
1. you have to be CRAZY. Its the truth. just accept it =]
2. You need to be flexible and patient.
While doing family portraits there are constant interruptions like, wheres grandma sue? Oh I'll go get her! No I will! Your standing on my foot!!! We can't see little jo, hey where is little jo? Are we almost DONE?
Its a crazy place out there, hence #1.
Flexibility. you need this in almost every job! but VERY much so in this one, you need to be able to change your plans, placing or lens at any time. just go with the FLOW!

3. You need to understand people
4. It takes alot of energy, brains and chocolate.
5. It takes love. If you love your clients, it will show in the pictures. Show the love
6. DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET YOUR PICTURE. climb, crawl, kneel, jump, stand, lay, bend, MOVE.


So thats all I can think of right now =] stay tuned for pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment