Saturday, January 22, 2011

Olivia Parker.. a super creative still life photographer!


Olivia Parker has some really cool photography.

She is a still life photographer, who is really unique. Her work is really unique.
Here are two photographs I really like =]

op-4d1e96475edc9.jpg

I really like the composition elements of this picture. 
I love how 'set up" and planned it seems. 
Olivia parker does a wonderful job of finding cool old things and creating it into something unique to photograph.
To me, she is not only a great photographer, but also a great collager, and sculptor!
I am not a big fan of birds, but something about this pictures draws me in. 
I love the keys in the bottom, I love the light in the picture. 
And most of all, I love how nothing else is in the composition.. its a great photo!

op-4d1e97646cbe0.jpg
I really LOVE this photo of Olivia Parker's because of its simplicity.
The lighting in it is beautiful and its so simple. I feel like sometimes as a photographer, I think too much about what I want, that I forget the simply like this. 
I'd really like to try something as simple as open bean strings on a white canvas. 
op-4d1e9a714b9b0.jpg
I love how cool this looks!
I don't get it! I mean I know that the one pear is in front of the mirror.. but I don't understand where the other pears are coming from! 
I love how this blends abstract and the stereotype of still life fruit into one. 
Its a beautiful photograph!

op-4d1e9c5cde5de.jpg
Lastly, I'd like to share this photo with you guys. I LOVE THIS PHOTO!
The use of shadow.. for a white picket fence... and then put flowers like they are growing along it is WONDERFUL!
I love how she came up with this idea.. I love the tight composition.. I love how out of the box it is!
Shadows are such a cool thing.. and I'd like to experiment with them in some of my photography!



2 comments:

  1. Great Sophie - lots of good writing here! However, I cannot see the photos?! Can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can see the pictures.. I don't know what happened..

    ReplyDelete